Interviewing has been called an art, and there is no doubt that it calls for insight and creativity. But it is also a science, requiring process, methods, and consistency to produce truly accurate and effective results. Look at it this way: Your art will flourish within the sound framework of a systematic, scientific approach.
What will you learn in this course?
- Use a structured, objective and consistent approach to selection and interviewing process
- Comprehend your organisation’s policies and procedures for recruitment and selection and the need to comply fully with them
- Determine appropriate, objective and effective selection criteria
- Have tips and techniques for short-listing applicants quickly and effectively
- Know what to look for in the candidate’s CV and/or job application form
- Know how to prepare effectively for interviewing candidates at all levels
- Plan, prepare and conduct an effective selection process – using a range of methods as appropriate – that provides evidence against defined selection criteria
- Evaluate the strengths and limitations of different interview approaches
- Build on existing interview skills, specifically by developing a competency-based interviewing skill
- Practise writing interview questions based on a competency model
- Ensure that candidates are evaluated effectively and that recruitment decisions are objective and documented appropriately
- Be able to develop a systematic means of collecting and analysing behavioural data to support a competency-based evaluation of candidates
Who is this course for?
This course is targeted at anyone involved in assessing candidates prior to hiring. It is of particular benefit to line managers involved in interviewing candidates for vacancies in their respective functions. The course is ideal for professionals in human resources, especially those working within the functions of recruitment, selection and workforce planning.
- Face to face or webinar
- Group discussions
- Individual and team activities
- Case studies & Practical activities
- Role plays
- Video recording/play back
- Individual test & Individual action plans