Performance management is not only part and parcel of everyday life in L&D and HR, it is a vital part of motivating your employees. Whether you’re encouraging poor performers to do better or helping to push the best and brightest up the career ladder at a rate they deserve, it all comes down to how you manage performance, from day-to-day conversations to annual appraisals.
What will you learn in this course?
- Develop an understanding of the principles of effective performance management
- Develop an understanding of the best practice performance management processes
- Comprehend the concepts on competency, management style and organization climate as critical elements of the performance improvement process
- Practically experience several the tools which are critical to the success of the new performance management process
- Effectively manage team dynamics in remote and virtual teams
- Understand the possibilities available from having a remote team
- Identify and overcome the challenges faced when managing remotely
- Help a team achieve a sense of purpose, vision and shared values, so that their work makes sense and they see their place in the bigger picture
- Develop the ability to motivate and influence within a remote team environment
- Best practices for tracking off-site employees’ performance and progress
- Feedback – build skills and feedback loops that create a supportive and constructive feedback environment that drives engagement and continuous improvement
- Create a safe and open environment in which feedback is expected and welcomed
- Understand the importance of giving honest, constructive feedback in the right time
- Understand the preferred social or communication style of their team members and adapt their feedback approach to achieve the best results
- Ensure that our own (sometimes unfounded) fears do not adversely affect the feedback we give
- Goal Setting – set mutual expectations for behavioural and operational objectives that are grounded in objective measurement practice
- Develop a robust personal and team action plan.
Who is this course for?
Managing Performance workshop is aimed at all those who are responsible for appraising their staff, whether supervisors or senior managers. The programme is also aimed at those in Human Resources who have responsibility for administering and overseeing their organisation’s performance management systems and potentially supporting the appraisees and appraisers.
- Face to face or webinar
- Group discussions
- Individual and team activities
- Individual test
- Case studies
- Practical activities
- Role plays
- Small projects
- Video recording/play back
- Individual action plans