With the increased commercial pressures and target driven cultures many leaders are considering how to get the highest levels of performance from their people. The most important factor in driving effective teamwork and team engagement is the behaviour and style of the leader. Leading High Performing Teams training explains how to utilize the team’s potential and introduces techniques for moving the team to peak performance.
This highly interactive course is founded on the concept that almost every project is accomplished through the collaborative, coordinated work of teams of people. Leading High Performing Teams programs cover a broad range of topics related to effective leadership including Emotional Intelligence, Self-awareness, Motivation and Communication Skills, Workplace Mentoring and Coaching, Conflict Resolution, Giving and Receiving feedback, Managing Performance and Productivity.
What will you learn in this course?
- Lead successful team and help it reach its potential through coaching techniques that will positively impact employee’s morale, confidence and performance
- Identify strategies to manage different personalities in the team, determine ways to improve team dynamics and actions that will build and maintain a high performing team.
- Understand the manager’s role as a coach and develop an ability to structure the coaching sessions by using GROW model and know how to adapt it to most coaching situations
- Explain the value of feedback and its impact on employee engagement, deliver employee feedback comfortably and assertively, provide positive reinforcements and successfully manage employee resistance.
- Understand, adopt and apply best practices of the Performance Management Framework and use it as an effective tool in driving high performance and motivation in the team
- Set S.M.A.R.T. goals for the team, develop an action plan for execution of the task and follow up on progress
- Define Emotional Intelligence, understand the importance of self-awareness for leaders and adopt best practices to develop emotionally intelligent individuals while adopting communication approaches and skills for developing relationships and ownership for successful outcomes
Who is this course for?
Professionals who are directly involved in dealing with people, managers, team leaders, directors, present and aspiring, who wish to acquire leadership skills that will enable them to improve employees’ performance through successful leadership techniques.
- Face to face or webinar
- Group discussions
- Individual and team activities
- Individual test
- Case studies
- Practical activities
- Role plays
- Small projects
- Video recording/play back
- Individual action plans