Starting coaching and mentoring program in your business allows you to capitalise on your greatest resource, your employees. Strategically developing their talent contributes to the company’s growth and innovation. It shows management’s support, interest, and concern for an employee’s potential within the company. In return, employees are more likely to be more productive and loyal to the company.
Taking an interest and active role in employee development is a key tool for keeping staff engaged, growing their skills, and encouraging enthusiasm and excitement about their contributions to the organization. SkillsPlus Coaching and Mentoring program is one of the most powerful activities a an organisation can apply.
What will you learn in this course?
- Define and differentiate between Coaching and Mentoring
- Adopt the role of coach and mentor appropriately to enable learning and the development of new skills and attitudes
- Understand adult learning principles and their essence in feedback and coaching.
- Explore different approaches when coaching and mentoring and recognise best situation to apply it
- Demonstrate use of appropriate language in coaching and mentoring sessions
- Learn how to define the current state of an employee’s situation, overcome common obstacles that are holding employees back and track their improvements
- Four essential coaching skills: diagnostic listening, strategic questioning, wisdom sharing and giving effective feedback
- Know how to use coaching records to identify areas for improvement in the workplace; Understand coaching’s impact on employee engagement and retention
- Employ proven questioning techniques and provide effective feedback
- Identify possibilities for employee and create actionable steps towards preliminary plan
- Develop a comprehensive coaching and mentoring approach and learn how to conduct formal and informal coaching sessio
Who is this course for?
Professionals who are directly involved in dealing with people; managers, team leaders, directors, present and aspiring, who wish to acquire skills that will enable them to improve employees’ performance through coaching.
- Face to face or webinar
- Group discussions
- Individual and team activities
- Individual test
- Case studies
- Practical activities
- Role plays
- Small projects
- Video recording/play back
- Individual action plans