Well-developed professional and workplace communication skills are an essential component to success in the workplace. Employees with strong communication skills and knowledge are not only sought after but are more likely to thrive and contribute to the positive workplace and organizational culture, thereby making them highly valued employees. Career entry, progression, and promotion can be enhanced with the empowering skills of professional and workplace communication.
SkillsPlus Effective Communication and Influencing course aims to provide attendees with a range of skills and behaviours which will allow them to communication clearly and effectively.
What will you learn in this course?
- Understand your own communication and influencing style and the impact you have on others
- Develop key communication skills and insight into how to inspire others
- Learn how different communication styles impact the audience
- Know how to persuasively communicate in a way so people are moved to action; communicate openly and build trust
- Apply “6 thinking hats” to control the communication process in the meetings
- Influence without authority and gain commitment from others
- Review and strengthen your personal impact and influencing style
- Confidently and empathetically deal with difficult people and situations in digital world
- Apply a structured approach to navigating difficult conversations
- Improve your active listening skills and ability to control your emotions and non-verbal messages in communication
- Apply these skills to live business challenges and develop a practical plan for implementation
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at all individuals who wish to get their message across more effectively. Managers, leaders, salespeople, and anyone who wants to be more persuasive and influential will benefit from this programme.
- Face to face or webinar
- Group discussions
- Individual and team activities
- Individual test
- Case studies
- Practical activities
- Role plays
- Small projects
- Video recording/play back
- Individual action plans