Regardless if your technology and offsite setup is top-notch, managing a remote team is not an easy success. In our current working climate – adjusting to our new normal of work from home due to COVID-19 lockdowns and quarantine – team leaders need to be proficient at driving geographically spread individuals into a unified team unit, despite having limited or no opportunity to build relationships face to face. In fact, in today’s increasingly challenging economic climate, managers are under renewed pressure to create a high-performing team without expanding their carbon footprint.
What will you learn in this course?
- Effectively manage team dynamics in remote and virtual teams
- Understand the possibilities available from having a remote team
- Identify and overcome the challenges faced when managing remotely
- Help a team achieve a sense of purpose, vision and shared values, so that their work makes sense and they see their place in the bigger picture
- Develop the ability to motivate and influence within a remote team environment
- Best practices for tracking off-site employees’ performance and progress
- Learn how to coach, counsel and mentor your remote workers from afar
- The top 10 ways managers “build or kill” off-site employee trust
- Know how to manage the flow of information for clear communication
- Learn how to handle off-site power struggles, politics and employee conflicts
- Develop a robust personal and team action plan
Who is this course for?
Professionals of all levels who are part of remote working culture or preparing themselves to lead remote teams.
- Face to face or webinar
- Group discussions
- Individual and team activities
- Case studies & Practical activities
- Role plays
- Video recording/play back
- Individual test & Individual action plans