Understanding how to introduce and develop goals can fundamentally change the way employees view their work and their position within an organisation. We could say that the whole human endeavour is geared towards setting and achieving goals.
SkillsPlus Setting and Measuring S.M.A.R.T. goals course will help you to create a shared vision for your team and effectively communicate it to your teammates. You will also learn how to set effective goals and expectations in a way that best enables your team to attain the shared vision. Finally, you will understand the most important needs and drivers of performance across cultures and to align rewards with desired behaviours so that your colleagues are motivated to attain the team’s objectives.
What will you learn in this course:
- Identify the meaning of each component in the acronym S.M.A.R.T.
- Discover the connection between Goals, Objectives, Strategies, and Tactics.
- Explore the expected outcome beginning with the end in mind.
- Understand and develop skills necessary to set goals and complete work on time
- State the importance of the alignment of objectives
- Master the use of S.M.A.R.T. vs S.M.A.R.T.E.R. goals and objectives
- Explore how to use tools to keep performance on target (managing SMART goals)
- How to implement the alignment of SMART goals within an organization, including how to use 1-to-1 meetings and performance reviews for this purpose.
- Understand how to delegate effectively to achieve goals and build your team
- Sync your goals with the overall corporate strategy
- Ability to develop contingency plans as per the changing needs of an organisation
- Enhance ability to turn your goals into habit
Who is this course for?
Managers, supervisors, team leaders, executives and professionals focused on self and team development and for those who are new to the idea of goal alignments and/or SMART objectives.
- Face to face or webinar
- Group discussions
- Individual and team activities
- Case studies & Practical activities
- Role plays
- Video recording/play back
- Individual test & Individual action plan