It takes personal confidence to become a successful supervisor. Building that level of personal confidence requires learning supervisory skills. Most supervisors and managers do not come into their jobs automatically knowing what it takes to be a good supervisor. Supervisors and managers get their departments’ work done through others. Having the right skills to be successful in moving employees toward a common goal is critical.
SkillsPlus Supervisory skills cover the important areas a supervisor need. Through exercises, case studies, practical examples, and clear guidelines you will develop the necessary skills and knowledge to achieve results through the effective supervision of staff.
What will you learn in this course?
- Define the scope, nature and responsibility of a supervisor and the challenges associated with the role
- Enhance knowledge, skills, and behaviours to increase your effectiveness in current roles
- Equip supervisors with the managerial skills necessary to adapt to changing demands
- Improve succession planning by providing a structured development program which will enable supervisors to fulfil their potential within the company
- Understand how to structure supervision to meet your own and your employees’ needs and build a productive relationship
- Apply effective verbal and nonverbal communication techniques
- Enhance motivational skills and develop trust with team members to ensure successful delegation and delivery of projects on time
- Demonstrate and develop positive behaviours for managers and actions needed to be taken with employees
- Apply effective time management techniques to increase the productivity of the team
- Understand the different and interrelated nature of supervision and feedback
- Explore common supervision problems and dilemmas and practice their resolution
- Apply SMART goals, planning and organising skills to improve effectiveness and efficiency in the team
Who is this course for?
Individuals, first line managers, supervisors or team leaders new to the role of supervision, or for anyone who is considering taking on or applying for a new position that requires supervision of others. Professionals whose success depends on ability to communicate clearly, influence, motivate and create positive relationships with internal and external clients.
- Face to face or webinar
- Group discussions
- Individual and team activities
- Individual test
- Case studies
- Practical activities
- Role plays
- Small projects
- Video recording/play back
- Individual action plans